INSTITUTE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
For over 25 years, SKIP has run a Scholarship Program for the poorest of trainees who cannot afford to pay the skills training course fee. The program is only for trainees in member institutions. The scholarship program has been initially supported by Diakonisches Werk (DK), Germany. Since the past 2 years, SKIP is supporting the program from its own revenues.
Applications for Scholarship Grant are usually made by member institutions in a standard format provided by SKIP. Along with other relevant data, member institutions must include information on placement of previous scholarship beneficiaries.
SKIP keeps in mind two important aspects with regard to distribution of the Scholarship Grants:
- The Scholarship Grant is meant for the poorest of trainees who otherwise cannot afford to pay the fees.
- There is a gender balance in the distribution of the Scholarship Grants.
- Scholarships are not a grant to the institutions; they are given to the individual students.
- A simple formula for the disbursement of scholarship was worked out.
- The maximum to be disbursed to students in an institution is Rs. 25000/-
- The cap on one scholarship is Rs. 2500/-